You say Murano, I say Burano
March 23, 2011 § 1 Comment
I want to go to bed and read, which necessitates a short entry ahead. Today we:
1) Met up with Valentina’s friend Irene
2) Took the water taxi to Murano, the “glass island” where local artisans make all sorts of things from glass. It is also apparently a necessity to wear a shirt exactly matching the hue of the sculptures. Or something.
3) Took the water taxi to Burano, the “lacework island” where local artisans make all sorts of things from lace. The island is also known for its colorful houses. Dream-house color is the aqua in the last photo.
4) Bought gifts for family from said islands, which turned out to be the most stressful experience since taking final exams and, before that, the 2010 Senate election.
5) Ate more gelato.
Edited to add:
6) Valentina has this amazing tea at her house, it smells like heaven and almonds. We went to a tea store in Venice today and I think I fell in love with it. There are over 300 types of tea along the wall in canisters… Next time I am in Venice I want to go back and smell them all. The name of the shop is “Peter’s Teahouse” and the type I bought is Amarettino Te Nero.